We have been hanging out in pregnancy purgatory far too long. We have had a few more false starts and I honestly feel like if my body could just get a little push over the edge, labor would really get going. Thursday, I lost my mucus plug and was dilated to a 3cm. Yesterday, a 5cm. Still no baby. So, I've been seduced by the promise of natural labor induction. Here's a few things people have sworn got their labor started. I share them here with the disclaimer that NONE of them have been successful for me.
1. Walking. Deanna came over (again, with the promise I'd be having a baby soon. Unfortunately, she leaves this evening and there is no baby in sight) and has been great encouragement whenever my mood hits rock bottom. Every day, we've been walking miles.Saturday night, Teenie came over after she put her boys to bed and drank wine with Deanna and Joe while I did laps around the living room. Sunday, we walked 5 miles and got some good contractions going. But, whenever I stop, so do they. Still, no labor.
Other things we've tried:
4. Divine intervention. I went to church Sunday and blatantly asked every person I saw to pray that this baby would get out that day. Apparently, I need to be a better Catholic because I didn't get the answer I want on those prayers.
5. Nipple stimulation. I've been watching movies in the evenings with my breast pumped strapped to my chest. Now all I have is sore nipples.
6. Ice cream. Three people told me they went into labor after eating at Dairy Queen or Baskin Robbins. All I've gotten is fat.
7. Spicy food. Same as the above.
8. Resetting my craniosacral pulse. My chiropractor did this and while I was skeptical, I'd probably follow her through fire since she DID get my baby to flip around. She stuck her fingers in my ears and did some magic chiropractor thing I don't understand and I felt amazing afterwards. But, no baby.
9. Stripping membranes. Did this twice. Again, no baby.
I'm still pregnant.