Finding calm in the chaos

Finding calm in the chaos

Wednesday, February 06, 2013

waiting...mostly impatiently

Dear Lampie,

Could you get here already?

Your mama is miserable.
My face is puffy.
My fingers are swollen.
My ankles are cankles.

I am terrifyingly hungry.
I fear I will soon outweigh your father.
I am down to three extra large maternity shirts to wear.
They barely cover my belly.


I have new stretch marks.
Thank you.
The millions of stretch marks I already had from your older siblings weren't enough, were they?

Dad and I live in a constant state of readiness for your arrival.
The bags are packed.
He texts me three or four times a day to see if I've gone into labor.
(Somehow, he doesn't trust that I will indeed CALL him if my water breaks).

Life is good out here on the outside.

The laundry is done; the nursery is ready.
We want to see your little face
And our arms long to snuggle you.

Love,
Mom


2 comments:

Amy said...

Dear Mom,
It's just so cozy in here. I will come out when I am ready.
Be glad we are not elephants.
Love,
Lampie
P.S. Stretch marks rock! Just ask my Ninang.

Rae said...

Oooh baby don't be shy, come on out!

(I maintain, this kid better be an absolute angel to make up for it ALL!)