Finding calm in the chaos

Finding calm in the chaos

Friday, July 19, 2013

David and Goliath

 
Life has been crazy lately. Joe and Steve--now Farmer Joe and Farmer Steve--have been tending to their corn like a baby, moving sprinklers every 4-8 hours. Joe's been moving the last sprinkler at 9p and getting up at 4am to move the water again the next day.
 
We are a tired little family.
 
But, good husband that he is, he made time to come home from mowing corn so I could go on my Saturday run (well, now it's a walk) with my running buddies. And I came home to a clean house, an emptied dishwasher and this:
 
A puppet show!
Sam colored the scenery. ND did a little unauthorized coloring on it of her own, which stirred up a little conflict.

From left to right: Sam as "Dave", Joe as "Goliath", and ND--well, we're not really sure. Her puppet had a tissue paper train....she may have been a bride.

Joe read the story and helped Sam with his lines. I loved it.

No comments: