Finding calm in the chaos

Finding calm in the chaos

Monday, July 15, 2013

farm-wifery: corn photos

 
Henry's been sleeping a little bit better since he finished his amoxicillin and can, you know, breathe and stuff. But, he's a hungry fellow and usually nurses a couple of times a night. I soldier on through the night, getting up to nurse him in his room rather than taking him to bed, but for some reason, I just cannot drag my body out of bed for that 4:30am feeding. I just cannot.
 
I used to feel bad about poking Joe and mumbling, "Bring me your baby" so I could get a little extra sleep. But, these days, Joe's usually up.
 
 
Tending this baby.
This ever-thirsty corn.



 He and Steve move those sprinklers every 4 to 8 hours. It's crazy.

Can't we just put in an underground sprinkler system next year?

1 comment:

lorettapox said...

You mean I was supposed to feel bad when Glenn would get up every time the baby cried and bring him/her to me? It seemed fair enough at the time. Go get the baby, hand him to mama, go back to sleep while I nursed. Heck, he would even take the baby back to the crib when we were done nursing...... Maybe I was a little spoiled, but I'm okay with that!!