Finding calm in the chaos

Finding calm in the chaos

Friday, November 08, 2013

monster cupcakes

I put my back into it and made these monster cupcakes for Sam's Family Fun Festival's cake walk. They are a little labor intensive. I baked the cupcakes and froze them, then sliced the tops off to make a mouth. The insides are frosted black and then I had to painstakingly frost each head in purple. I cut the tongues out of fruit roll ups and carefully placed tic tac teeth in place. Two hours later, I was done.
 They looked pretty darn good.
 This guy was one of my favorites.
Then, they slid off the seat in the car when Joe was driving them to the school and they became a pile of sticky purple mess.

Sad times.

3 comments:

Deanna said...

Oh my gosh, I would have cried!

lorettapox said...

Awww... My heart hurt when I read that. They turned out so super cool! At least you took a picture of the coolness.

Leah said...

OH NO! I was hoping you would say you were just kidding or something at the end. That is sad business.