- Life with three kids is crazy busy and one of our New Year's resolutions is to tackle some major organization projects including establishing a chore routine to remedy our life of messiness. Another is to reestablish a monthly budget of some sort now that all of our funds are disappearing in either childcare or tuition. And, finally, my major resolution is to start running again. So, I announce it here in public that on October 11, I will be running (and finishing) the Lewis-Clark half marathon...and Teenie will be running with me. Hopefully, we will be able to rope my long time running buddy and experienced half-marathoner, Elaine, into doing it with us. Wish us luck!
- We got a family membership to the Aquatic Center with the goal that we would spend more time as a family being active. On most Fridays after school, I load up the kids and we play in the water until Joe gets there to join us. (Some day, we hope that one of us will swim laps while the other one plays with kids, but that hasn't happened yet.) Then, we eat a picnic dinner and head home to bed.
- Sam is thriving in kindergarten. He is starting to read short words and I am so excited I can hardly stand it! I have to be careful not to push it too hard or else he just gives up and guesses, but I think we'll have quite a reader in a few months. While I'm so excited about his reading, he's more excited about the fact that he has his first loose tooth.
- Natalie is....mellowing in her old age? The last 3-4 weeks with this girl have been delightful. Her tantrums are shorter and we are seeing more of her fun, creative side all the time. She still loves imaginary play that involves bossing us around...and still loves bossing us around in real life, too. We are crossing our fingers that this change will be long term; our dentist told us she has to give up the binky next month when she turns four.
- Henry continues to be his happy self. He can say "Mama" with gusto, although about half the time, it comes out as "Emma, Mama", like he has to roll it around on his tongue first. He is standing independently for a few seconds at a time and starting to cruise.
Sunday, January 12, 2014
and that's the news from Casa Kaufman
It's been a chaotic few weeks at Casa Kaufman. We celebrated like crazy throughout Christmas and came out happy and exhausted on the other side of Epiphany. We've survived our first week back to normal life and thought we should just give you a quick update on normal life since I haven't been a very dedicated blogger lately.